Legal Food Frenzy
April 22 – May 3, 2019
Food donations traditionally slow in late spring and early summer as families focus on end-of-school activities and summer vacations. Food Banks and their agencies see the demand for food increase during this time as the 1 in 5 children who depend on access to breakfast and lunch at school are home for the summer months.
Georgia Legal Food Frenzy is a joint effort by the Young Lawyers Division, the Attorney General’s Office and the Georgia Food Bank Association. Georgia Legal Food Frenzy asks Georgia lawyers to challenge each other outside the courtroom during the statewide food drive benefiting the State’s eight regional food banks. The food and monetary contributions collected by GMFB during the competition stay in the region, helping to serve more than 67 of GMFB’s partner agencies throughout the service area of Hall, Dawson, Forsyth, Union and Lumpkin counties.
Create an Online Fundraiser
Once you are signed up to compete, get started fundraising by using our our online fundraiser template for Legal Food Frenzy!
Every online fundraiser will have access to these features:
- Automated receipts
- Real-time fundraiser updates
It gives you all the tools you need to raise funds directly from your home or office!
April 1: Sign up by April 1 to earn 100 bonus points
April 22 – May 3: Legal Food Frenzy Competition
May 7: Last day to turn in donations to Georgia Mountain Food Bank
May: Winners announced
June 7: Awards ceremony at the Annual Georgia Bar meeting
- Firms and Legal Organizations can sign-up to compete at http://galegalfoodfrenzy.org/sign-up
- If you sign up by April 1 you get 100 bonus pounds!
- The “Firm Champion” listed should be the designated contact person at your firm or organization. They will receive all competition related communications and responsible for sharing it with their colleagues.
- List your firm or company name as you would like it on materials.
- When you sign up, include the total number of employees in your firm or legal organization. If you are in-house legal counsel, you should only count the number of employees in legal department, not the entire company.
- Firms and Legal Organizations with multiple office locations in Georgia should sign up individually, so that we can connect them with the correct Food Bank. At the end of the competition, the totals from all of the offices will be aggregated and the firm will compete as a single entity for the AG Cup.
- Once you register, your regional Food Bank will contact the Firm Champion with additional information.
- $1=4 pounds. 1 pound of food =1 pound. AKA money is gold in this competition!
- There are multiple BONUS POUND opportunities:
- VOLUNTEER BONUS: Firms and Legal Organizations that volunteer at their regional Food Bank between Feb 1 – May 3 will receive 100 bonus pounds added to their total score. You will need to sign-up to volunteer with your food bank in advance.
- EARLY BIRD BONUS: Register by April 1 for 100 Bonus Pounds!
- SOCIAL MEDIA BONUS: Post about the competition at least once on one or more of your firm or organization’s social media platforms using the hashtag #GALFF19 and tagging the Georgia Food Bank Association between Feb 1 – May 3 for 100 Bonus Pounds! You will need to provide a link to the post/tweet/etc. on your end of competition campaign form in order to receive credit.
- DELIVERY BONUS: Deliver your donations the week following the competition (May 6 – 10) directly to your regional food bank for a 25% bonus to your total competition pounds. You need to do this to stay competitive! Online donations count as delivered.
- The Attorney General’s Cup Winner is the firm or legal organization with the most points total. Go to the awards section for additional awards.
Collecting Food & Funds
All fundraising and food collection must take place during this period. Any money or food collected before or after these dates will not count toward a firm’s final total.
Contributions of money are tax-deductible and are very welcome.
- Online donations can be made at the donation link provided by your regional food bank. Again, make sure you indicate what firm it is on behalf!
- Checks should be made payable to your regional Food Bank. They will provide you with the specific name. Make sure to indicate on the for line that the check is for the Legal Food Frenzy competition and what firm you are contributing for!
- Capital Campaign gifts will not be counted towards your competition totals.
Collecting Non-Perishable Foods
- Food items will be weighed by your regional Food Bank at the end of the campaign.
- Most needed food items are Peanut Butter, Canned Tuna, Canned Beans, Canned Soups, Stews, Pastas, 100% Fruit Juice, Canned Fruits, Vegetables, Macaroni and Cheese Dinners, Whole Grains, Low Sugar Cereals (boxed).
- Candy will not be counted.
- Please don’t donate food items in glass containers – they have a high risk of breaking.
- Please do not open items that are already packed in cases, cartons, or boxes. This will make it easier for the Food Bank to pick up.