More Ways to Give
Donating appreciated securities, including stocks or bonds is an easy and effective way to help GMFB feed families in our service area while offering you valuable financial benefits.
The Georgia Mountain Food Bank will liquidate the securities, so you have no obligation to pay any capital gains taxes on the appreciated part of the gift, and the total value of the stock upon transfer is tax-deductible to you.
Download and complete our securities form to facilitate your stock transfer here. Please contact us if you need any assistance in completing the transaction.
If you have a donor-advised fund, consider recommending Georgia Mountain Food Bank as a designee.
The Food for Tomorrow fund was created to allow individuals to give now and forever because they care about food equity and long for the day when no one in our community is hungry. When you give to this fund, you join the ‘Til No One is Hungry society.
Why it matters? Members of the ‘Til No is Hungry legacy society are individuals who have planned their legacy gifts so that their contributions are invested in GMFB’s Food for Tomorrow endowment. Your gifts to the Food for Tomorrow fund support our endowment and increase its ability to generate earnings that support our operations and service. The earnings generated from the endowment insure that the donor can support Georgia Mountain Food Bank’s efforts to feed hope together long into the future, even when the individual is no longer physically present to give and serve.
The Food for Tomorrow fund is supported by those who make outright designated gifts, testamentary and deferred gifts such as:
- Designate a cash gift now for the Food for Tomorrow Fund
- Make a statement in an individual’s will that designates a specific assets, amount, or percentage of the estate to be paid as a gift to GMFB upon the individual’s death
- Name GMFB as the beneficiary of the assets remaining in a retirement plan or IRA at the individual’s death
- Name GMFB as the owner and beneficiary of a life insurance policy that will pay a benefit upon the individual’s death
- Recommend that your donor advised funds that is irrevocably transferred and managed by another charitable entity such as a community foundation be directed to GMFB’s Food for Tomorrow fund
- Gives GMFB appreciated property such as art, real estate, or stocks that have a greater value than what was paid to acquire it
- Gives his or her personal residence to GMFB while retaining the right to continue living there for his or her lifetime
Through programs like Publix’s Food for Sharing and AmazonSmile, you can donate to GMFB while you do your shopping. When shopping at smile.amazon.com, Amazon will donate 0.5% of eligible purchases to your favorite charitable organization—no fees, no extra cost. All gifts help stock our shelves.
GMFB accepts gifts that are consistent with our mission and support our core programs and welcomes food donations and gifts of services from many sources. More non-traditional gifts are subject to our gift acceptance policy. Please call GMFB at 770-534-4111 with any questions regarding your in-kind donation or to request a list of most wanted items for our warehouse or food drives.
For more information on corporate matching gifts, please click the link below:
When you make a charitable contribution of cash to a qualifying public charity, in 2021, under the Consolidated Appropriations Act1, you can deduct up to 100% of your adjusted gross income and lower the amount of your taxable income.
Stay in the know!
Sign up to get the latest Food Bank news right to your inbox.