Legal Food Frenzy
A Food & Fund Drive Among All Georgia Lawyers
About Legal Food Frenzy
Food donations traditionally slow in late spring and early summer as families focus on end-of-school activities and summer vacations. Food Banks and their agencies see the demand for food increase during this time as the 1 in 5 children who depend on access to breakfast and lunch at school are home for the summer months.
Georgia Legal Food Frenzy is a joint effort by the Young Lawyers Division, the Attorney General’s Office and the Georgia Food Bank Association. Georgia Legal Food Frenzy asks Georgia lawyers to challenge each other outside the courtroom during the statewide food drive benefiting the State’s eight regional food banks. The food and monetary contributions collected by GMFB during the competition stay in the region, helping to serve more than 70 of GMFB’s partner agencies throughout the service area of Hall, Dawson, Forsyth, Union and Lumpkin counties.
Create an Online Fundraiser
This year we will be using a new tool called Classy. Classy makes it easy to send pre-filled emails, texts, and social media posts that take a large burden off of fundraisers and save them time. Teams who have already registered will get their link to create their online fundraising page beginning April 6. They can set it up, but fundraising will not start until the competition, April 20 – May 1.
- April 1: Sign up by April 1 to earn 100 bonus points
- April 20 – May 1: Legal Food Frenzy Competition
- May 5: Last day to turn in donations to Georgia Mountain Food Bank
- May: Winners announced
- June: Awards ceremony at the Annual Georgia Bar meeting, Miramar Beach, FL
Our local 2020 Legal Food Frenzy had 15 participating law firms and raised over $25,000 for GMFB’s programs, which helps provide 125,950 meals for families and individuals struggling with food insecurity. This is almost a 14% increase over last year’s totals!
Out of the 15 firms competing for GMFB this year, the local regional total points winner was Whelchel, Dunlap, Jarrard & Walker, LLP. The per capita points winner was R.K. Adams Law.
We are grateful to the following firms for participating in this year’s event:
- Whelchel, Dunlap, Jarrard & Walker, LLP
- Stewart, Melvin and Frost, LLP
- R.K. Adams Law
- The Law Office of Michelle Hall
- Fox, Chandler, Homans, Hicks & McKinnon, LLP
- Jennifer, McCall, Attorney at Law, LLC
- Smith Gilliam Williams and Miles, P.A.
- Hulsey, Oliver & Mahar, LLP
- Jarrard and David, LLP
- Coleman, Chambers & Rogers, LLP
- Forsyth County Juvenile Bar Association
- Rory J. Selwyn, Attorney at Law, P.C.
Stay in the know!
Sign up to get the latest Food Bank news right to your inbox.